What's going on at AWA 2014?
If this question is on your mind, you've come to the right place! The first wave of panel notifications has gone out, so we can share some of that goodness with you. Remember, this list is ever changing! It shouldn't replace the online guide or printed guide that will be released closer to the show.
Anime Weekend Atlanta Classics
These are the panels you've come to know and love. From the costume contest to Anime Hell, our schedule just wouldn't be the same without them.
- Opening Ceremonies
- The Costume Contest
- Anime Hell
- The Saturday Night Dance
If you find yourself onsite Thursday night, hey, we've got you covered.
- The Super Happy Fun Sell
- Old School Classroom
Sometimes, you just want to get in on all that fun. These events give you a chance to become part of the show!
- Black Butler Murder Mystery
- Shingeki no Shenanigans
- Shoujo Slumber Party
- Do You Know Your Anime?
- Pokemon Gen 1 Jeopardy
- What a PEACHY Gigapause
The bread and butter of our con - come learn more about the shows you love or discover new shows you're gonna love!
- Ojamajo Doremi: the Best Magical Girl Show You've Never Seen
- 3-Minute Anime: Ain't Nobody Got Time for That!
- SD Gundam Mk III: The End of an Era
- Tatsunoko: Helmets, Lapels, and Seahorses
- Precure? All Right!
- Why We Love 70s Anime (and other Japanese Stuff)
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Universal Century, Best Century
- APH: Fond Memories
- Our M@sterpiece: The iDOLM@STER Panel
- Splash Free!
- It's MANIME! The Manly Anime Panel!
- Patlabor: The King of Real Robot Anime
- MARVEL-ous Anime
- Join the Amestrian Army
- Anime Blinded me with SCIENCE
Fashion and Cosplay Programming
Get your kawaii on! Whether you're into BEING your favorite character or wearing the latest designs straight off the streets of Japan, we've got something for you.
- Cosplay Jumpstart
- Wig Care 101
- Wig Care 201
- Cosplay for Common Folk
- Corset Making
- Breaking into Japanese Street Fashion
- Lolita and J-Fashion Shopping
- Japanese Street Fashion: Connection with Anime and Manga
- Japanese Street Fashion
- Kawaii Culture
- Lolita Sewing
- Kawaii Lifestyle: Being a Lolita and a Professional
- Japanese Street Fashion: Gyaru
- Kawaii Makeup Panel
- Feminism in Lolita Fashion
Get ready for some hands-on learning! These workshops will help you kickstart your projects. Just note, some of them do require fees to cover materials, so check out their descriptions when the online guide is up.
- Cardfight! Vanguard 101
- Gunpla Building Workshop 101
- Beating the Block into Submission
- Ballroom Dance Class
- Otaku Bellydance
Manga, Web Comic and Writing Panels
Learn the ins and outs of writing, webcomic production or manga creation from the pros!
- How to Make Manga and Comics
- Make Manga, Not Excuses
- It's Not all Cravats & Kimonos: Adding History to Your Webcomic
- Bad Fanfiction Theater
- Why We Love Doujin & Why We Make Doujin: Doujin Culture Fan Panel
- Amateur Audiobooking. For Actual Money.
Learn creative and awesome new ways to spend your free time!
- Japanese Toy Collecting and YOU!
Hey, live action Japanese shows need love, too!
- Henshinformation: The Kamen Rider Panel
- Obscure Tokusatsu 2: The Return
- Kamen Rider: The Fruity Aftermath
- Power Ranger vs Super Sentai
If you have any questions about panels or events, shoot us an email at email@example.com.