ANIME WEEKEND ATLANTA ART CONTEST
Here at AWA, we love artists! Each year, we like to showcase artists wherever we represent AWA. We’d love to use your artwork for things like the Program Guide, Advertising Postcards, on the website and on merchandise sold at the official AWA store in the dealer’s room. So, as with last year, we’re holding an Art Contest! Our contest is open to all artists, amateur and professional. Two winners will receive a free admission to AWA, a free table in the artist alley, and a panel in the art show. Those winners will be the artists of the pieces we choose for the t-shirt design and the con guide cover. If the winning artist has already purchased a table in the Artist Alley and/or a display unit in the Art Show, their fee will be refunded during the convention.
• If you would like your artwork considered for the T-shirt, the piece must only have one to four colors and must look great against a black background. It must feature our mascot, the red-headed girl, and her panda friend(s) (and company, if you like!) and peaches.
• If you would like your entry to be considered for the con guide cover, it must be a full page piece in full color that includes a background, and must contain the same 3 elements mentioned for the t-shirt above; the red-headed girl, her panda friend, and peaches. We must receive your entry by midnight on April 30th, 2013
There are two ways to get us your artwork.
1. Email. Attach an electronic copy of your artwork to an email and send to email@example.com, or you can upload it to a website first and email us the link along with the other required information in the body of the email.
2. Snail Mail. If you cannot upload your artwork to a website or email a copy to us, you can mail a color photocopy to:
Anime Weekend Atlanta
PO Box 13544
Atlanta, GA 30324-0544
Please do not submit your original artwork, as we will not be able to return it. You should also include your name, title of the piece(s), a phone number where we can contact you, and an email address if you have one.
Remember the earlier that we receive your artwork the more likely we will be able to use it! Good luck!
ARTWORK CONTEST RULES
• Your Artwork should incorporate the theme for 2013. This year, it is Japanese academic traditions. So whether your piece takes place in a school yard or the red-headed girl is wearing a school uniform, your work should include elements from a day at school in Japan.
• Your artwork must be family-friendly.
• Your piece cannot be fan art. For example, the red-headed girl cannot be dressed like an existing character or have a pose that mimics copyrighted artwork and you should not incorporate symbols or other indications of an existing anime or manga.
• There is no limit to the number of submissions one artist can make, but we can only take artwork by an individual artist, so no collaborations please.
• All entries must be 600dpi CMYK resolution to produce a good quality print. You may send a smaller or lower resolution version of your artwork to the contest for judging if you so desire, as long as you have a higher resolution version available upon request.
• Please note that all submissions become the property of AWA and may be altered for our uses.
• Your submission(s) must include the following information: Your first and last name, the title of your piece (if there is one), and either a phone number or an email address for us to contact you.
• If you would like your art work to be placed in the con guide, you must provide your artwork in a “layered or raw” file on a transparent background.