Club Table Reservations for 2013 will begin June 2013.
AWA is proud to offer a limited number of Club Tables to Anime clubs, schools, and other conventions. The tables will be located in the hallway outside of the Dealers Room (Exhibit Hall C & D, Cobb Galleria Centre). Best of all, they are Free! But being free there are some rules (and some information):
Note: No extra tables will be available at the con.
1) 1 Table per group. Reserving a Club Table does not include badges, you will need to buy a badge for each person working the table.
2) Tables are for passing out information about your organization. Selling items/services is prohibited. Conventions are allowed to sell memberships/badges to their show.
3) Your display can not extend beyond the front and sides of your table. Any display must be free standing, nothing may be stuck/hung from the walls, floor, ceiling.
4) Please do not move or swap your assigned table. Groups who move/swap their table without prior permission from the "Keeper of the Club Tables" will forfeit their table for the weekend.
5) The Club tables are in a very high traffic area. Please make sure your table/display is not causing an unreasonable obstruction to smooth traffic flow. If your display becomes an obstruction to traffic flow you will be asked to tone down your display.
6) Internet access is available in the Galleria, but not cheap. If you need internet access please let us know and we will get you the information.
7) Power may not be available at your table... (so bring an extension cord and ask your neighbours nicely!)
8) Use of sound devices at your table must be kept at a "near table proximity" (think 1'-2') volume.
9) Only the group that reserved the table may use it (no sharing).
10) AWA is a family friendly convention so your display, flyers, handouts, etc must be too!
11) If your group decides to distribute stickers (i.e anything with adhesive that can be stuck to something) the Hotel and/or Galleria will be sending you the bill for any cleanup/removal of those stickers that is necessary.
12) Tables must be manned (or have some sort of display setup) during the hours the Dealers Room is open (Fri - 12 - 7, Sat 10-7, Sun 10-3). If you opt for an unmanned display please check it often and keep it looking neat. If you are unable to meet the hour requirement please let us know and e will see what we can work out!
13) Please be respectful to those around you (both Attendees and non-attendees).
Failure to follow the rules will result in the loss of your table and possibly your badge(s).
Following the spirit of the rules (or failing to do so) does affect table placement for future years.
If your group loses/forfeits your table due to breaking the rules, you will not be eligible for a table in future years.
If you are interested in reserving a Club Table for your group, please email us at: removed until registration opens.
In your email please list your Club/Group Name, Contact Person, and if it is your first year requesting a table please include a brief description of your group (and a link to a website if you have one). While we can not guarantee table placements if you have any neighbour requests please include them and we will try to accommodate them (i.e Club Ichi wants to be next to Convention Ni but can not be near Group San)
If you have read all of the rules, and agree to abide by them your email must contain "I demand a shrubbery". If it does not and you do not make some other mention that you have read and agree to the rules, your email will be returned....which means if we have to resort to a first come/first serve you will be placed in the queue in the order your shrubbery demand was made :)