E. Privacy & Non-disclosure
1. Any and all information shared in e-mails, chats, groups, staff meetings or staff forums should be considered private and confidential; and should not be shared with anyone who is not a staff member until such time that the convention is ready to make a public announcement or statement. This includes, but not limited to, guest announcements, event announcements, and details of convention planning process.
2. AWA must protect the personal information of its attendees and staff. Personal information will not be shared with third parties at any time.
F. Penalties: In the event that a staff member has shown to be incapable and/or unwilling to perform their required duties.
Staffers must remember that they are not above the rules and policies of the convention. Depending on the severity of the offense, the convention may choose to enact a more severe penalty for each offense. Anime Weekend Atlanta reserves the right to discontinue a staffer's service at any time and/or for any reason with or without cause. The following series of disciplinary actions may be enacted:
1. Verbal warning and/or written reprimand from a Department Director or Supervisor, HR Director, or Administrator.
2. One-year probationary removal from AWA Staff and/or department change to HR/Con Ops department. Probationary period will also reset a Staffer's status, and staffer will also be considered "Not in Good Standing" for certain benefits.
3. Permanent removal from AWA Staff with loss of all staff benefits.
G. Severe Penalties
Depending on the severity of the offense, the Administration may choose to enact a more severe penalty.
H. Reasons for disciplinary actions are but not limited to the following:
1. Failure to work or show up for scheduled shift(s) without notifying Department Director or Supervisor.
2. Failure to inform or contact Department Director or HR of inability to attend convention more than 72 hours before the convention.
3. Leaving Convention Hotel or Center with AWA equipment or radios without proper authorization.
4. Refusal to follow Convention Policies or Instructions.
5. Verbal and/or sexual harassment of an attendee, convention center or hotel personnel, guest, fellow staff member, or director. This can include, but not limited to, unwanted and unwelcome words, deeds, actions, gestures, photographs, symbols, or behaviors that make others feel uncomfortable.
6. Physical altercation with an attendee, convention center or hotel personnel, guest, fellow staff member, or director.
7. Physically unfit to perform assigned work or tasks efficiently and/or correctly. Staffer must be in good health, those who are showing signs of illness by our Medical Dept will be removed from staff, and sent home to prevent any spread of infection to others.
8. Failure to abide by the Staff and/or Department Handbook regulations, guidelines, and/or policies.
9. Controversy or altercation with the Convention Center or Hotel, Cobb County Police, or Anime Weekend Atlanta.
10. Subtle or deliberate undermining of another Staffer, Supervisor, or Director by word and/or action.
11. Incompatibility with fellow Staff and/or Director(s).
12. Unacceptable behavior such as, but not limited to, selling/loaning of staff badge, misconduct while on duty, misconduct of Staff position for personal gain, etc.
13. Horseplay with, misuse/damage of, or stealing of convention material/equipment. (i.e. carts, radios, wheelchairs, etc.)
14. Failure to meet requirement(s) as stated in Qualifications.
15. Misuse and/or damage of convention facilities.