In order to be considered “Press” and to receive complimentary entrance to this year’s convention, individuals will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Currently employed by a recognized active media orginization (i.e. magazine, newspapers, etc.), radio, television/cable/affiliate station/program, newscast and/or online magazine with a minimum of 10,000+ unique hits per month- verified via Google Analytics.
- Writers/Reporters from high school and university level publications are encouraged to apply as well. In these cases we respectfuly request that a letter of intent signed by you and your editor-in-chief/adviser on official school letterhead is provided with your application. Please also note that we will not be able to provide Press passs for your advisors. Chaperones are welcome to enjoy the convention by registering through the normal attendee system. Chaperones may pickup their pass through the standard queue located on the second floor of the Renaissance Waverly.
- We respectfully request that cosplay-related media outlets present a detailed proposal on the coverage they plan to do at Anime Weekend Atlanta. Taking photos of the cosplayers who attend the convention can be done without a press pass; therefore we reserve the right to deny applications of that nature.
- Business card with stated company name, individual name and contact information, or a recent company pay-stub.
- Please be aware that we will not accept business cards without printed contact names due to the risk of misappropriation.
- Valid government issued picture ID.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by / on September 27, 2013.
Once you have submitted your press pass application you will receive a confirmation email and if approved, you will receive a second application approval message. Addtionally you will be placed on the admission list for press. Please be aware that you will still be required to present a business card and picture ID when picking up your pass.
Orginizations who choose to register at the convention will also be required to provide the items mentioned above. Due to the fact that we will not have all of our resources available at the convention, please be aware that information that cannot be verified on the spot may result in the denial of the press pass.
You must submit your online application by August 30th, 2013.
Important: We require all final products that are published to be submitted to email@example.com upon their release for our historical records. All submissions must be made by January 1st, 2014.
Directions to apply:
- Download the PDF located below and fill out completly.
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will contact you within 2 weeks of submission to let you know the status of your application.
- What are the requirements for an Anime Weekend Atlanta press pass?
- Look at the top of this page to review the press qualifications guidelines.
- I recently applied for a press pass. How long until I hear whether or not I’ve been approved?
- The wait time for a response is approximately 2 weeks.
- Do press passes come with a guest pass?
- No. Only the person whose name is on the pass is allowed entry. Every individual must register for his or her own pass.
- I plan on bringing a camera operator or photographer to AWA with me. Do I need to register them as well?
- Yes. Each individual MUST have their own pass. Every member of your team must register for a pass either online or on-site.
- I need to register for my entire team, is this possible?
- Yes, but you’ll need their basic info handy (full name, email, phone, etc.) A confirmation email will then be sent to them and they’ll need to finalize the registration on their own. Complimentary press passes are limited to 5 / people per company. If your team consists of more than 5 people, additional employees can gain entrance at the regular rate.
- I will only be at Anime Weekend Atlanta for a few hours. Do I still need to register?
- Yes. We have security throughout the convention area that will stop you from entering the exhibit hall or programming rooms if you do not have a pass.
- I’m a freelance reporter. Will I be accepted?
- Freelance reporters must present at least 2 articles authored by them that have been featured on either an online or print news magazine.
- A member of my team is not able to make it. Can I send someone else in their place?
- No. Each pass issued belongs only to the person whose name is on the pass. If you are going to send someone else, they need to apply online before the cutoff date, only exceptional cases will onsite registration be allowed.
- I was not approved for a press pass and feel this was an error. Where can I send my credentials?
- Please send a copy of your credentials to email@example.com. If you have questions on what to include, please see the top of this page page.
- I wasn’t able to register before the online cut-off date. Can I still apply?
- For exceptional cases only will on-site registration be allowed. You must still email firstname.lastname@example.org your intentions and we will provide additional instruction. You must still meet all qualifications listed at the top of this page.
- Does my press pass give me access to all ticketed events?
- Yes and no. Outside of ticketed events there will be a log for members of the press. You are welcome to view the event, but if you want to participate you must purchase a pass. In either case we ask that you wear the events appropriate attire.
- Can you send me my press pass in the mail so I don't have to pick it up?
- No. Due to security concerns, you must present a valid picture ID to an Anime Weekend Atlanta staff member in order to pick up your press pass.
- When / where can I pick up my press pass?
- We will email all approved members of the press a detailed description of when, where and how to pick up your press pass once that information is confirmed.
- Can I send a runner to pick up my company’s press passes or do I need to do it in person?
- No, each individual must pick up his or her press pass in person. A valid picture ID must be presented.
- Do I need to carry my press pass with me everywhere?
- Yes. You will not be allowed entry into any Anime Weekend Atlanta event without it. No exceptions.
- What if I lose my press pass on-site?
- In the event that you lose your pass, please visit the registration area and we will sell you a new pass for the at door price.
- Is there an Anime Weekend Atlanta mailing list?
- The Anime Weekend Atlanta mailing list receives all pertinent programming and guest announcements for this year. Send a blank email to email@example.com to initiatie the registration process.
- Will there be interpreters on hand for the guest panels and press conferences?
- Yes. If a non-English speaking guest is holding a panel or conference, a professional interpreter will be on hand to assist.
- Who can I talk to about obtaining an official interview from an Anime Weekend Atlanta representative? Who can I talk to get more info or background on Anime Weekend Atlanta?
- Photo / Video Policy
- These guidelines are subject to change. At no point should any footage/photography taken at Anime Weekend Atlanta be sold for profit. Photography and video is permissible in the common areas and in most panels. You will be notified by AWA staff or a posted sign if photo/video is not allowed in a particular event. Please respect our attendees and Guests wishes if they decline to be photographed or filmed. Failure to comply with this request can result in expulsion from Anime Weekend Atlanta.
- Opening /Closing Ceremonies: Flash photography / video allowed throughout.
- Cosplay Showcase . Flash photography / video allowed throughout.
- Muscial Concerts . You may videotape from the side during the first 20 minutes of the event only. Non-flash photography is allowed throughout.
- What is the best or most exciting day to attend Anime Weekend Atlanta?
- Everday day of AWA is exciting but if there is a particular type of event you are looking for please check our online schedule. Your press pass will allow you access to Anime Weekend Atlanta all 3 days.
- Where can I get information about the Guests?
- As they are announced, all guest biographies will be posted on our website under the Guests tab on the top menu bar.
- My question wasn't answered. Who can I follow up with?
- Who can I talk to if I don't meet the press requirements but think I should still be given a press pass?